Here’s the deal. You’re not going to feel like you’re thin or sick enough. You’re just not, that’s the nature of this illness. But one day, you’ll realize you were. One day you’ll know the truth.
But you can’t get there if you don’t decide that you’re going to take a leap of faith and eat and get better, even while you feel like you weren’t sick enough. It’s gotta be done.
- Just do it. (I sent this to someone but I feel like it’s really universally applicable.)
"The one thing I would want for you to remember is that this eating disorder does not define you. It is a part of you, but it is not the sum total of who you are. Sometimes in the thick of it, it is hard to see anything else. While your focus must be on the right now and the steps needed to take, remember that there is an amazing young woman with dreams and desires inside of you."
- My Aunt Cheryl being amazing (via 50shadesofrecovery)
"It seems that when you want to make a woman into a hero, you hurt her first. When you want to make a man into a hero, you hurt… also a woman first."
- Leigh Alexander absolutely hits it out of the park (via bedabug)
"1) Learn to put on your bracelets and zip up your dresses by yourself. There will be times when you will be alone.
2) Get on a long plane ride. Look out the window. Understand the immensity of our world. Understand your insignificance. Understand your absolute importance.
3) Press the send button. If you don’t say it now, you never will.
4) Do not sneer at happiness or roll your eyes at sadness. Be aware that apathy is not healthy.
5) You are more than the amount of people who want to have sex with you.
6) That pit in your stomach when he doesn’t text you back, it shouldn’t be there. No one should be able to control you like that.
7) Shopping is cathartic. Buy the shoes and deal with one-ply toilet paper for a while.
8) It will get better, but it will never be perfect. Learn to live through the small moments of happiness. When they disappear, remember they will resurface.
9) I promise that cookie will not change anything (except that it will make you smile).
10) Please, please, take care of yourself. You are everything to somebody. You are everything to your self. That alone is enough."
- things to remember, -n.m. (via thegirlwithfernweh)
"Yes, you should eat. You should always eat. No more of this sitting around for an hour with your cup of coffee trying to decide. You should always eat. There is never a time when skipping a meal is the right answer. Go eat, because you need to. Go eat, because you have a life to live."
- Note to self (via 50shadesofrecovery)
"Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall."
- F. Scott Fitzgerald (The Great Gatsby)
(Source: , via pearlsandcurlsandpreppygirls)